Monday, October 23, 2006

Hippo's Wins in the End

Foodie Item: "General Tips"
Your Story: I am sure you are getting a lot of feedback and Tips on your Grocery Store:
It's great someone finally has the attitude and is willing to risk a type of business that is long overdue for the area!....which puts the larger grocery stores at a lower value in my opinion ..so sad they will regret past decisions of not listening or overriding customers needs or wants!..profit is an engineering force.. but also if you have 1 store that barely makes the cut out of 20 and you have happy customers and clientele...guess what?.........YOU WIN IN THE END!
Remember this..Southtown and the area where you will be located has a median Hispanic/Anglo ratio (besides the tourism and business clientele) Your specialty Items are great ..Just don't forget the little guy!.........Not everyone can afford Specialty items........Good luck!...and that's my 2cents worth!

2 comments:

TRW said...

Hippo 1 Sez,
I've had over 100 emails after the press release in the Express News. Do you know where we also win? About 25% of the emails were from people who wanted to work at Hippo's. I was honored to think that with unemployement at 4% in San Antonio Hippo's will have no problem finding great people to work at Hippo's.

We have already identified 20 sites (two more in San Antonio) so Hippo isn't worrying about struggling as one store. As you probably know I was born on the banks of the San Antonio River and my friends come from King William, South Town, SoFlo, Blue Star, Lavaca and downtown. I think I know how to stock the shelves but if there are particular items that you need please let Hippo know.

By the way, Hippo is half anglo/half hispanic so you are in very good hands.

Hippo On my Friend.

TRW said...

Hippo 2 sez,
Little Guy? What is a little guy? We are the little guy, we are here for the little guy. Hippos was created for the little and neglected area of San Antonio called downtown. Matter of fact we'll have booster chairs for all the little guys. If there is something you can't reach, just ask a hippo to get it for you. We'll even have a mechanical Hippo out front for all the little guys to ride. I'm a little guy, all little guys go to hippos... I'm sorry I'm getting a little carried away. I'll write more a little later, I'm a little tired and it's getting a little late.

Hippo on